Most 2012 models are equipped with a more fuel-efficient 7-speed automatic transmission and more powerful direct-injection gasoline engines,
including a new turbo four-cylinder, a normally aspirated V6 and bi-turbo V8s - some with ECO Stop/Start technology.
Many 2012 models now feature a new audio headunit with a 5.8-inch color display, Bluetooth audio streaming, phonebook download, album cover
art and USB port. COMAND with Navigation receives a 7-inch screen, SIRIUS weather, display of personal photos, 3D city models, intermediate
navigation destinations, area avoidance and a larger 10GB Music Register.
C-Class Sedan (September)
- Restyled four-door sedan with new direct-injection 4- and 6-cylinder engines, more fuel-efficient 7-speed automatic transmission,
aluminum hood and increased standard equipment including HD radio, rain-sensing wipers, integrated garage door opener, auto-dimming
mirrors, USB interface and integrated compass.
- Exterior updates include new headlights, LED DRL's and taillights, bumpers and grille.
- A completely redesigned interior features a color instrument cluster display, new headunit (described above) w/fixed 5.8" screen,
avail. PARKTRONIC w/Parking Assist
- New safety features includes standard ATTENTION ASSIST, ADAPTIVE BRAKE with HOLD function and available Adaptive Highbeam Assist, Lane
Keeping Assist and Blind Spot Assist.
- C250 Sport/Luxury: new direct-injection 1.8-liter 4-cylinder turbo (201 hp, 229 lb.-ft.)
- C300 4MATIC Sport/Luxury: continues with existing 3.0-liter V6 (228 hp, 221 lb-ft) and standard all-wheel drive.
- C350 Sport: new direct-injection 3.5-liter V6 (302 hp, 273 lb.-ft.)
- C63 AMG: receives AMG 7-speed Multi-Clutch Transmission (MCT) and continues with naturally-aspirated 6.3-liter V8 (451 hp, 443 lb-ft)
and optimized suspension. Optional AMG Development Package yields 481 hp.
C-Class Coupe (September)
- New two-door coupe debuts with bold AMG styling, standard panorama sunroof, steering wheel shift paddles, split-folding rear-seats,
front seats with integrated headrests and driver memory plus a fuel-efficient 7-speed automatic transmission as well ashe other
technology highlights of the sedan.
- C250 Sport: new direct-injection 1.8-liter 4-cylinder turbo (201 hp, 229 lb.-ft.) and 17- inch 5-spoke alloy wheels
- C350 Sport: new direct-injection 3.5-liter V6 (302 hp, 273 lb.-ft.) and 17-inch AMG twin 5-spoke alloy wheels, rear trunk spoiler.
Available 4MATIC all-wheel drive
- C63 AMG: features hand-built naturally-aspirated 6.3-liter V8 (451 hp, 443 lb-ft), AMG 7-speed MCT and 18-inch twin 5-spoke alloy
wheels. Optional AMG Development Package yields 481 hp.
- C63 AMG Black Series: most powerful C-Class of all time features 510 hp and 457 lbft of torque) plus unique suspension, body panels and
interior with two-place seating.
- CL550 4MATIC continues with 4.6-liter direct-injection biturbo V8 (429 hp, 516 lb-ft.)
- CL63 AMG continues with 5.5-liter direct-injection biturbo AMG V8 (536 hp, 590 lb-ft) with ECO Stop/Start and AMG 7-speed MCT.
- CL600 5.5-liter biturbo V12 model (510 hp, 612 lb-ft) continues
- CL65 AMG High-performance 6.0-liter biturbo V12 model (621hp, 738 lb-ft) continues
- Model line continues to showcase advanced driver assistance systems such as Distronic Plus with PRE-SAFE Brake, Active Lane Keeping
Assist and Active Blind Spot Assist with automatic brake intervention and Nightview Assist PLUS with pedestrian detecti.
CLS-Class Four-Door Coupe (June)
- New-generation four-door coupe debuts with dramatic styling, two new V8 engines, electromechanical steering, aluminum doors and
world-first active LED headlights.
- CLS550 new direct-injection 4.6-liter biturbo V8 (402 hp, 443 lb.-ft) with more fuelefficient 7-speed automatic transmission, AIRMATIC
suspension and available with 4MATIC all-wheel-drive (Sept).
- CLS63 AMG new direct-injection 5.5-liter biturbo AMG V8 (518 hp, 516 lb-ft) with ECO Stop/Start technology, AMG 7-speed MCT and AIRMATIC
rear suspension. Optional Performance Package yields 550 hp/590 lb-ft.
- Other new technology includes a color instrument cluster display, multicolor ambient lighting and central controller
- LED taillamps and PARKTRONIC with Active Parking Assist
- Safety technology includes available Active Lane Keeping Assist, Active Blind Spot Assist, 10 standard airbags and standard ATTENTION
E-Class Coupe and Cabriolet
- E350 Coupe and Cabriolet (July) new 3.5-liter direct-injection V6 engine (302 hp, 273 lb-ft) & new 17-inch twin 5-spoke wheels.
Available 4MATIC all-wheel drive on Coupe
- E550 Coupe and Cabriolet (Oct.) new 4.6-liter direct-injection V8 engine (402 hp, 443 lb-ft) and electromechanical steering.
- New available assistance systems include both active and passive Lane Keeping Assist and Blind Spot Assist.
- Other highlights include new steering wheels with standard shift paddles, color instrument cluster display, standard LED DRLs, more
fuel-efficient 7-speed transmission and media interface moved to the center console.
E-Class Sedan and Wagon (October)
Model line features more fuel-efficient 7-speed automatic transmission, new steering wheels, color instrument cluster display and
standard LED DRL's, media interface moved to center console.
- E350 4MATIC Wagon continues with sport or luxury models, new direct-injection 3.5- liter V6 engine (302hp, 273 lb-ft) and standard
all-wheel drive, 3rd-row rear-facing seat, power tailgate, rear air suspension and electromechanical steering,
- E350 BlueTEC 50-State V6 turbodiesel (210 hp, 400 lb-ft) continues.
- E350 Sport/Luxury new direct-injection V6 engine (302 hp, 273 lb-ft) and available 4MATIC all-wheel-drive.
- E550 4MATIC Sport new 4.6-liter twin-turbo direct-injectionV8-engine (402 hp, 443 lb-ft), electromechanical steering and standard 4MATIC
- E63 AMG Sedan new 5.5-liter twin-turbo direct-injection V8 engine (518 hp, 516 lb-ft) and ECO Stop/Start technology mated to the AMG
7-speed MCT plus new 19-inch AMG 10-spoke wheels. Optional Performance Packages yields 550hp/590lb-ft.
- E63 AMG Wagon debuts with drivetrain mentioned above and standard panorama roof
- Model line continues to showcase advanced new driver assistance systems such as ATTENTION ASSIST, Active Lane Keeping Assist and Active
Blind Spot Assist with automatic brake intervention, PRE-SAFE Brake with Automatic Emergency Braking, Adaptive Higham Assist and
Nightview Assist PLUS with pedestrian detection.
- 5-door, 4-passenger hydrogen-electric car (134 hp, 214 lb-ft) continues, available for lease in southern California.
- Powered by fuel cell technology with an EPA estimated range of 190 miles (European driving cycle: 240 miles)
- G550 5.5-liter V8-powered model (382 hp, 391 lb-ft) continues
- "Edition Select" package offered in choice of 3 paints, AMG fenders, exhaust sidepipes, silver-painted wheels and other interior
highlights including designo upholstery
- GL350 BlueTEC 3.0-liter V6 turbodiesel (210 hp, 400 lb-ft) model continues
- GL450 4.6-liter V8-powered (335 hp, 339 lb-ft) model continues
- GL550 5.5-liter V8-powered (382 hp, 391 lb-ft) model continues
- Minor updates to the interior, rearview camera now includes directional lines, all models now feature standard LED DRLs
- GLK350 3.5-liter V6-powered (268 hp, 258 lb-ft) model continues w/available 4MATIC all-wheel-drive.
- Media interface relocated to center console.
- All-new, third generation all-wheel-drive SUV debuts with more contemporary styling, new direct-injection V6 and BlueTEC powertrains,
added safety and convenience features. Optional Dynamic Handling package with ACTIVE CURVE SYSTEM.
- Exterior highlights include LED daytime running lights and taillights, chrome roof rails, Agility Control suspension, optional panorama
- Interior features include standard Eucalyptus wood trim, COMAND controller, 7-inch COMAND display screen, ADAPTIVE BRAKE,
electromechanical steering, optional climatized cupholders, PARKTRONIC with Active Parking Assist, multicolor ambient lighting annew
headunit (described above).
- New safety systems include ATTENTION ASSIST, Adaptive Highbeam Assist, plus Active and Passive versions of Lane Keeping Assist and Blind
- ML350 BlueTEC (Sept.): 50-state V6 turbodiesel now with 240 hp, 455 lb-ft of torque and 19-inch wheels
- ML350 4MATIC (Sept.): new direct-injection 3.5-liter V6 (302 hp, 273 lb.-ft.) and 19- inch wheels.
ML550 4MATIC (early 2012): new direct-injection 4.6-liter biturbo V8 (402 hp, 443 lbft), standard running boards, AMG styling and
R-Class Crossover (August)
- R350 4MATIC new direct-injection V6 engine (302 hp, 273 lb-ft), more fuel-efficient 7- speed automatic transmission & standard 4MATIC
- R350 BlueTEC 50-state V6 turbodiesel (210 hp, 400 lb-ft) continues
- Model line features standard LED DRLs, directional lines on rearview camera and minor interior updates.
- New standard equipment includes COMAND system with hard-drive navigation, enhanced voice control for audio, telephone and navigation,
Gracenote® media database, HD Radio®, SIRIUS® satellite radio with SIRIUS real-time traffic service, Zagat® Survey reaurant guide, 4GB
hard-drive with Music Register
- S400 HYBRID continues with the first lithium-ion battery designed exclusively for automotive use and 3.5-liter V6 mild hybrid powertrain
(295 hp, 284 lb-ft)
- S350 BlueTEC 4MATIC new model features standard all-wheel-drive and 3.0-liter V6 turbodiesel engine (240 hp, 455 lb-ft)
- S550 new 4.6-liter direct-injectionV8 engine (429 hp, 516 lb-ft) and more fuel-efficient 7-speed automatic transmission. Available with
4MATIC all wheel drive.
- S63 AMG High-performance model continues with 5.5-liter direct-injection biturbo V8 engine (536 hp, 590 lb-ft) and ECO Stop/Start
functionality as well as AMG 7-speed MCT. Optional Performance Package yields 563hp/664 lb-ft.
- S600 flagship 5.5-liter biturbo V12 model (510 hp, 612 lb-ft) continues.
- S65 AMG high-performance 6.0-liter biturbo V12 model (621hp, 738lb-ft) continues.
- Model line continues to showcase advanced assistance systems such as Distronic Plus w/PRE-SAFE Brake, Active Lane Keeping Assist and
Active Blind Spot Assist w/automatic brake intervention and Nightview Assist PLUS w/pedestrian detection.
SL-Class Coupe/Roadster (June)
- SL550 5.5-liter V8 model (382hp, 391 lb-ft) continues
- SL63 AMG high-performance 6.3-liter V8-powered model (518 hp, 465 lb-ft) with AMG 7-speed MCT continues
- New-generation SLK debuts with SLS AMG styling cues, new powertrains and retractable hardtop that opens/closes within 20 seconds and
offers Panorama roof and MAGIC SKY CONTROL. Standard LED daytime running lamps and electronic parking brake.
- SLK250 (Early 2012): new direct-injection 1.8-liter 4-cylinder turbo (201 hp, 229 lb.-ft.) available with 6-spd manual or 7-spd
automatic and 17-inch 5-spoke wheels
- SLK350 (June): new direct-injection 3.5-liter V6 (302 hp, 273 lb.-ft.) with 7-speed automatic transmission and 18-inch 5-spoke wheels
- SLK55 AMG (Early 2012): new direct-injection 5.5-liter V8 (415 hp, 398 lb-ft) featuring cylinder shut-off, ECO stop/start technology and
18-inch split-spoke wheels
- New interior highlights include sun-reflecting leather, Direct Ambient Lighting, COMAND control knob and AIRGUIDE.
- New safety highlights include Adaptive Brake, NECK-PRO head restraints, PARKTRONIC with Parking Assist, 8 airbags and standard ATTENTION
- New standard equipment includes rain-sensing wipers, power-folding auto-dimming mirrors, power memory seats with lumbar support,
integrated garage door opener, rearview mirror with integrated compass and HD Radio.
- New headunit (described above)
- AMG-developed super sports car with aluminum body and high-performance powertrain featuring a hand-built V8 engine (563hp, 479 lb-ft)
with front-mid layout and dry sump lubrication mated to a carbon fiber driveshaft and advanced dual-clutch transaxle ansmission with 4
- New equipment includes standard Blind Spot Assist, optional 3-mode AMG Adaptive Suspension and AMG Performance Media including driving
telemetry and G-Force measurement
- SLS AMG Coupe (July) continues with new paint offerings
- SLS AMG Roadster (late 2011) debuts with power soft top in choice of three colors that opens/closes in 11 seconds up to 30 mph,
conventionally hinged doors, standard AIRSCARF and removable wind deflector.
- Cargo Van, Crew Van, Passenger Van, MiniBus and Cab Chassis models continue with 50-state BlueTEC clean diesel engine
- Available in 3 GVWRs, 3 lengths and 2 roof heights