Established in 1956, MBCA has approximately 20,260 active members and 9238 additional household members in 12 regions
which are comprised of 80+ local sections throughout the U.S. and Canada. Each region is administered by a regional
director who is responsible for assisting and inspiring the sections in the region. The regional director also fosters
the formation of new sections, co-ordinates regional activities and represents the constituents as a member of the
national board of directors. Hundreds of events are organized by sections, from social gatherings to tech sessions, from
car shows to driving events. Most sections publish a newsletter of information and events and each section has its own
officers and by-laws.
In 1985, MBCA finished construction of a new club-owned building in Colorado Springs which now serves as the national
headquarters. The national business office staff provides a vital and personalized link between club members and the
Prior to 1952, only 34 Mercedes-Benz automobiles were registered in the United States, but enthusiasts were hard at work
to form a club. Dr. Milton J. Allen of Summit, New Jersey, petitioned Daimler-Benz in Stuttgart for permission to use
the name and trademark for this purpose in 1955. Concurrently, a group of Chicago members of the British Mercedes-Benz
Club formed their own organization. Both groups established clubs and were chartered in 1956.
The Easterners were joined by a newly formed Western group, received factory sanction, adopted the name Mercedes-Benz
Club of America, Inc., and grew to 500 members in 19 states by 1957. In 1959, they merged with the Midwestern group,
forming a truly national club.
Although the Mercedes-Benz Club of America is a not-for-profit organization, and is not an affiliate of Mercedes-Benz
USA or Daimler-Benz AG, the Club does enjoy the unique position of being sanctioned by MBUSA. Since MBCA's
inception, a Mercedes-Benz representative has provided liaison in support of the club's functions, activities, and
business affairs. In addition, Mercedes-Benz and Daimler-Benz have supplied generous quantities of historical and
technical information and assistance. The club is very proud of this relationship and its permission to use the name and